Thursday, August 13, 2015

Introduction


I am currently serving a life sentence for my involvement in a heinous crime. I take full responsibility for my actions and the actions of my co-defendants that took place in July of 1995.  I am shamed by my reprehensible actions and I am deeply sorry for the pain and suffering my actions caused not only the victim and his family, but my own family as well. 
I cannot change the results of my past choices and behavior, but I am not the same person today that I was then. I pray that I could re-write that chapter of my life because I now know that I have sole responsibility for my actions. 
Over the past 20 years, I have strived to become not simply a better person, but the very best person I can be.

I am serving a life sentence because I was involved in the heinous crime of murder. I take full responsibility for my actions and the actions of my co-defendants, that took place in July of 1995. My terrible actions resulted in the life of an African American man being ended. This innocent man was kind and considerate. I am shamed by my reprehensible actions and I am deeply sorry for the pain and suffering my actions caused this innocent man's family. I am aware that I cannot change the results of my foolish behavior but I am not the same person today that I was then. I pray that I could re-write that chapter of my life because I realize that I am solely responsible for my actions. Over the past 16 years, I have strove to become not simply a better person but the best person that I can be.
This year I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Christian Ministry from the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.  I completed all course work for both my Associate's Degree and Bachelor's during my incarceration.  I will detail the individual courses and programs I have completed under a separate post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment